POPtrans combines a multi-language dictionary,
translation aid and study system with pop-up hints!
Surf the web in Chinese/Japanese/English and read with pop-up hints just by
moving the mouse!
WARNING: Still under development (BETA quality).
Feature Limited Shareware Version:
For older versions of
Windows, you might need the ".msi" file installer from Microsoft: [Win98/ME] [NT/2000/XP]
Windows 2000/XP and .NET framework
free from Microsoft [direct download
* POPtrans may fail to generate the dictionary index files on systems with 256MB RAM or less (on XP especially)
If there are errors on startup etc, please extract these pre-generated index files to your "C:\Program Files\POPtrans"
** POPtrans is untested on Windows 98/ME, but reported to work on some systems
- Support for a wide range of dictionary formats
[Includes: Japanese ↔ English, Chinese → English, English → Spanish]
- Auto-clipboard lookup of words and URLs [Registered Version]
- Mouse-over pop-up definitions
- Study list building features (just double-click
words) [Registered Version]
- Study matching games
- Search for whole blocks of text at once
- Supports multiple languages on any system (via
Unicode and .NET)
- Add your own dictionaries and update to the
newest versions of Edict and CEdict [Registered Version]
- Penguin that jumps
Extra Dictionary Files [Registered Version]
GENE95 Format Files
||Fairly complete English to Japanese
|LSD4 Format Files|
||Comprehensive Life Science Dictionary from
|EDICT Format Files (more...)
||Very complete, Japanese to English from Jim Breen and the
||Chinese to English CEDICT
from Paul Denisowski and Erik Peterson
||Japanese to German
||Biology and Medical Terms
2200yen only shipping in Japan
Note under Windows2000/XP Pro
Be sure to install an IME (Input Method) for the languages you choose to use.
Control Panel → Regional Options → General (Tab)
Single Word Lookup
Surfing with hints!